Not that long ago when I went out running, I needed a bunch of things to help me on my run:
- GPS to track speed and distance
- A map just in case I got lost
- Running watch
- MP3 Player
- cash or credit card
Now, all I need is my iPhone and I have all of the above functionality AND MORE! Here are my favorite things to have on my iPhone when I run:
- iMapMyRun (www.mapmyrun.com) a nifty little app that records your runs on a google-map-ish screen, logs distance and pace, allows you to save the runs and publish them on social media sites. You can also log into the website and create a run using the mapping tool.
- See #1 but let’s face it, you are never lost anymore with Google Maps!
- Who needs a watch when you have #1 and the time/stopwatch features of your iPhone
- Well, this you still need
- I use www.pandora.comon my phone, but I also have all my songs in my phone’s iPod. I can have the map software running AND listen to music!
- This is probably my favorite one: After a run I would want to stop at Starbucks for coffee but couldn’t because I didn’t bring cash or a credit card. Now, I have this little application on my iPhone that allows you to pay for anything at Starbucks, using your mobile phone: http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/mobile-apps/starbucks-card-mobile No more carrying cash or cards in your pockets! And, if you use a registered Starbucks card, you get free upgrades to your coffee and a free drink for every 15 that you purchase. I love my Starbucks!
So now, when I am running, my load has been lightened by having all the things I need right on my phone!